Who we are
We are a diverse congregation of all ages and backgrounds united in our Christian faith and with a passion for sharing the Good News of Jesus with others. Our congregation at our Sunday morning services averages 120 - 150. We have people who have been on their Christian journey for a few weeks and others up to 70+ years and we have a strong core of families with school age children. We have an active and vibrant youth and children’s work and we employ a part-time youth worker to lead this work supported by many volunteers.
We Believe In...
1. The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
2. The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
3. The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God—fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
4. The dignity of all people, made male and female in God's image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
5. The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ—born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
6. The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
7. The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
8. The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
9. The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
10. The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers—given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit's gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
11. The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
We are called to be and to make disciples of Jesus Christ, growing in faith and love; worshipping God and sharing His love together in our community and in the wider world.
To be a united fellowship with a passion and love for the Lord, desiring to serve Him.
To encourage and celebrate every person’s spiritual journey with God through the working of the Holy Spirit.
To deepen our relationships with God through prayer, worship, teaching and ongoing testimony.
To reach out to each other and to the wider communities by sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ, in word and in deed.
Park Road Baptist Church Covenant
We who covenant together, do so as disciples of Jesus Christ who have responded to His call, who seek by His help to grow in our relationship with Him, and to renew our commitments to Him. We have experienced His saving grace, by faith, and know the Holy Spirit’s power in our lives.
We acknowledge Christ as our Lord and Saviour and will seek to serve Him, giving ourselves to one another in love and witnessing to the truth of the Gospel.
In following Jesus, we commit ourselves to prayer, thanksgiving and worship, and to studying God’s word as the infallible rule of faith and practice, seeking to observe its teaching.
We maintain that baptism is an ordinance commanded by our Lord for believers, as a sign, by immersion, of their oneness with Him in his death and resurrection, and as a seal of the gift of the Holy Spirit.
We promise to seek communion with our Lord at His table, believing that the symbols are the outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual grace.
As members we promise to gather together regularly for worship, the ministry of the Word and Prayer, as we are able.
We recognise our responsibility to maintain God’s House, it’s work and witness, by our support, ability and resources.
We will seek to further the interests of the Baptist [and wider Christian] family, and as Christ died for all, to support the work of BMS World Mission.
Aware of our social responsibilities, we will seek to maintain Christian witness day by day in employment and public affairs, and engage in social ministries as the Lord leads.
Through our Youth Work, we will endeavour to teach and care for the children that they may come to know Christ for themselves and follow Him.
In Christ’s strength, we covenant to care and pray for one another, and walk together in love, maintaining unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. We will seek to be kind and tender-hearted one towards another, loving one another with patience and understanding, and covering each other’s weakness with love, so ‘fulfilling the law of Christ’.
And so we now agree to walk together in the fellowship of the Gospel, in the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.
‘Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the Church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen.’ Ephesians 3:20,21 [NIV]